Monday, November 9, 2009

9-Nov-2009
I haven't exactly been traveling alone till now. I have my riding partner, One-armed Charlie. The Moab gang knows about Charlie. At that Moab Soiree before I left, some toy cowboys and indians came out and went into battle on top of a cake. I have no idea what brought this on, philosophical or religious differences, probably just the rum and wine. Anyway, it was decided by all involved that One-armed Charlie had to come with me. Well, Charlie rode in my pocket from Moab to El Paso, TX. I don't know what he was doing in there but he lost his other hand and gun. So now he is One-armed No-hands Charlie, I think I am just going to call him Lucky Charlie (LC for short). So, anyway, I fixed him up so he would have a better view. I don't know if LC is like my Saint Christopher, since I'm not Catholic, but it was a good thing he lost his gun. He got pretty mad when people were cutting in front of me through El Paso.
Got up and made some decisions today. We are rushing to get a few details done and head through Mexico tomorrow. Nick has to go to New York on the 21st and I want to be in Belize by then, so I can do some scuba diving while he is gone. 1800 miles or so to there so it shouldn't be too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment