Sunday, November 15, 2009


15-Nov-2009

I'm losing everybody lately, first LC, then Nick. We got our signals crossed leaving Veracruz and he went one way and I the other. We met each other, probably twice, but never connected. We had kind of a plan, but not necessarily a good one. Anyway, I screwed around and found a bulb to replace the burnt out one in the bike and tried to call him and waited around a little bit more but didn't get hold of him, so I texted him a city and headed south. He called as I was about to get on the interstate. Turns out it was a good thing that we got separated, he tried to call me and realized his phone was still at the hotel. That's why it took so long to hear from him. So we picked a city about 150 mi to the south and headed there separately. I was there about a half hour before he showed up so it worked out well. We decided we needed a better strategy for when there is no cell service (very soon), so I think we have worked that out.

We are both tired and decide to bag it here for the day in Acayucan. Our new Veracruz friends kept us up too late partying. There was a hooker that tried to get our attention towards the end of the night and when her list of what she was going to do to me got to massage, she had my attention for about half a second, but no, not happening. But I really could use a back massage.

1 comment: