Sunday, November 8, 2009

8-Nov-2009

It is funny what you remember when you see something you haven't seen in a long time. I rode by a town called Carrizzozo, NM and remembered that I had been there before. It was shortly after I first got my pilots license. My first really big trip. I landed at Carrizzozo shortly after dark and was going to spend the night. Dark airport, no one around, no phone, no phone numbers. So I walked into town and found a little motel and checked in. About an hour later, someone knocked on my door. He wanted to know when I was leaving. I didn't think I had been in this town long enough to piss anyone off yet. Turns out that on Sunday's(the next day) they have drag races at the airstrip and he wanted me gone by 7 am. I complied and didn't interfere with the town event.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mark! What you are doing is so cool!!! Thank you for sharing. I hope you have a fun, exciting, adventurous trip. Be safe!

    Jenny Manville
    Ascend

    ReplyDelete