Monday, November 9, 2009




8-Nov-2009 1004 miles down

Made it to Alpine, TX today and hooked up with my Partner in Crime. It was great to see him again and he says hi to all the Redtail Gang. Met him and his friend at a little pizza/beer place in Marfa, TX. We rode the 30 miles or so to Alpine together after dark. His friend, Maribeth, has a BMW GS650 and they have been riding together for a few days. We are staying at her flower shop in Alpine. The bikes are in the middle of the store and my cot and sleeping bag are in the middle of the bikes. There were some fuzzy bunnies on the floor next to me so I had a snuggle partner.
This part of Texas is surprising to me. It is high desert mountain country. The mountains go up to over 9000 feet. I was expecting a different Texas, but I like it. The road I came in on was a little winding thing about wide enough for 2 bikes to meet. It was great.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you have LC and the fuzzy bunnies to keep you warm at night ;)

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete