Monday, November 23, 2009



23-Nov-2009 3675 Miles

Well. I have been purposely avoiding discussions about the weather cause I didn't want to jinx us. Well, up until today it has been amazing. Not even a little rain, just sunny and great. Today though it rained and rained, then drizzled, then cleared up for a minute and then it rained and rained some more. It cleared up for the last 2 hours of the day though and I really have no complaints. Nice to have good rain gear. I found out though that my tires are not the best in rain slicked roads. Felt the bike trying to go out from under me a time or two so I slowed down a little and all was well.

We crossed the border into Guatemala today and that was easy. We always worry about these border crossings but so far so good. This country is beautiful, so green, mountainous, lots of rivers and water. We had a great lunch in some place, no idea where. And the people are great too.

Had a very observant gas station attendant notice bubbles coming out of my rear tire today. Thank you for noticing. Stopped at a tire place and was on the road again in about 5 minutes. And all this time I've been worried about the front tire.
We are at a town called Zacapa, I think, not really sure yet. We should be about 1 hour from the Honduras border so we will cross into there in the morning.
The pics are Nick at the Guatemala border. The first "highway" we were on in Guatemala. I thought this was going to be a long day if all the highways were like this but it turned to blacktop in about 30 miles. A cool lake. And yours truly standing on the bike. No worries. Its stopped.

2 comments:

  1. So next is Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica y Panama whooo hooo you almost done with Centro America! I'm glad you are enjoying your self! Keep it safe ;)

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you would go all over the world to get me to use a damm computer. Sure wish I was with you guys. Don't stop living the dream. How about the camera??? Any B.E.B.????

    ReplyDelete