Saturday, January 23, 2010













23-Jan-2010 9658 Miles

Arica, Chile. Well, we got further than I thought today. We made it to the coast again. We are both feeling better as we got lower. The first 200 miles were in 40 degree temps and driving rain. Our first views of Chile were spectacular. Even as the terrain turned to desert as we headed for the coast it was still spectacular.


It feels great to be in Chile. Chile was a goal country for me and this feels like a major milestone. Arica is a coastal city just a few miles south of the Peruvian boarder. The Chilean coast already seems so much nicer, cleaner, and prettier than the Peruvian Coast. I am really happy to be here.

We are at 18 degrees south and headed for 55. Chile is about 2700 miles long(thanks Deanna baby for that bit of trivia), so this will be quite a run. At this point it feels like we actually might make it. I always thought we would but there were some days I had my doubts. But now it seems like the tip of South American is in reach.




No comments:

Post a Comment