Monday, January 11, 2010








11-Jan-2010


Peru had better change for me tomorrow. So far, to add to my initial impressions for yesterday we can go with dirty, hot, and wierd people. We'll keep looking for the good stuff tomorrow by getting out of the desert. Too much sun has not been good for these people's brains here.

It kinda started in Chiclayo last night and everywhere we went we had an audience. I'm OK with that but it was a wierd audience. Not really so much trying to communicate as just staring strangely at us. That is why we went on to Pimental, because Chichlayo was too wierd and too many. Today I peeled of the hiway and headed to a beach and we immediately had a wierdo attach himself to us. Maybe it is just us, I don't know. Pretty soon his 3 wierd friends joined us as well. We got outta there in a hurry. It just didn't feel right.

We hit the end of the road we were on and a hotel and bay were there. Very nice. Hopefully manana will bring a different perspective on Peru.

For you ATV people paying attention, check out these sand mountains. This went on for about 300 miles today. Makes Little Sahara seem really little.

Oh, and I think I ate guinea pig tonight. Yep, pretty sure it was guinea pig. Not even close to what I asked for.

2 comments:

  1. Can't get closer to Heaven than short final on a Jungle strip, Beamers on a swinging bridge and not knowing what is around the next corner. I hope you ride that bike better than you ride a snowmobile . Be carful and keep living the dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark. Thanks for the great pics and great blog! Looking forward to your call into KSL Saturday morning.

    ReplyDelete