Wednesday, January 13, 2010







13-Jan-2010

We chose to beat ourselves to death for another 6 hours today and rode up to Laguna Peron. When I say rode up, I mean really up. It is only about 25 miles from here but with a vertical rise of 8000 feet. The pics at the lake have us standing at over 15,000 feet. I have never been that high accept in a airplane. Think standing at a lake that is 1000 feet higher than the top of Pikes Peak or 1500 feet higher than the top of King's Peak. The pic I took of Nick with the waterfalls in the background was about the time I was asking how many more switchbacks and am I going to pass out before we get there. Turns out there were still a bunch.

We didn't know how high we were headed. Typical for us. As we were getting close to the top I was really feeling the altitude because the ride was very hard. More of the up on the pegs, adreniline filled, riding hard stuff. After some exertion I would feel a little dizzy and it was getting harder to keep your breath. But we made it. Took some beautiful pics and then got to go down again. Yee Hah. The bottom pic is a shot of the road we had just come up and are now headed down again.

I don't realize how beat we are till we get to the bottom again and have some lunch. I'm aching all over and just feeling beat. I look at Nick and he's in about the same condition. So we call it done for the day. I think I took a 3 hour nap. We are both ready for some pavement tomorrow. I feel the need, the need for speed.

1 comment:

  1. Loved the picture of the electrical grid behind the guy in the horse drawn carrige hauling ??? Looks like a gun turrent in the same picture I thing they use it to gun down beamer riders that don't preflight there trip before going over 12500' to 14000' for more than half an hour without the use of oxygen. That question will be on your next check ride. BEB's ????

    ReplyDelete