Thursday, December 17, 2009




























































































17-Dec-2009 5673 Miles

I wasn't going to write. I was just going to post pics. But my stupid new camera seems to have lost over half of the pics I took yesterday. And some great stuff it was. We rode up a dirt trail to a mission that was about 2000 vertical feet above the valley floor. I don't know what Spaniard decided to build up there but he obviously did not have to carry the materials up there to build it himself. What a view though.

We are in a very pretty, very friendly town called San Agustin in Southern Colombia and have decided to stay here for another day. We are going to ride to some nearby Incan ruins and hopefully I can post some pics from there. The people here have been great, showing us pics of ruins and statues, providing maps, helping with accomodations, etc. It is really fun and I hope to come back to Colombia again some day. The hotel we are at has a fantastic view, is as nice or nicer than anything we have stayed at and costs about $10 a night. The meal I had last night is the best of the trip so far and cost about $4. How can you beat that? Anyway, enjoy the pics as I have enjoyed the country.

Someone very close to me, told me to "enjoy whatever tomorrow brings your way", and that has been the most fantastic part of this trip so far. A lack of planning, living out in the weeds, not ever knowing what is around the next corner. There is a downside of course, finding a place to stay, acquiring tires or needed parts, whatever, but the experience of continuous awe and surprise is priceless.





I need to put a plug in for our new friends in San Agustin. They offer horseback tours, river rafting and stuff here. So if you are ever in San Agustin, Colombia look up Lucas Garzon or email lucasgarzon1@yahoo.com. Also Humberto, I don't have his address but either one of those guys will probably find you as you roll into town as they did us. Lucas speaks good English.

1 comment:

  1. It's good to here your still alive after a dangerous place like SLC. Sorry I got your message to late to return your call about the passport but it sounds like it worked out ok. I still haven't seen any Pictures of B.E.B.???? Sounds like your still having the time of your life keep it up.

    ReplyDelete